Role-Playing

Forum Home > ShadowClan > Sticky: ShadowClan Camp

Keisharall
Site Owner

There are brambles and low hanging branches of trees that surround the camp. The entrance to the camp is a thorn tunnel. As you pass through the thorn barrier to get into the camp, you have to move around a large boulder. All of the dens here are made of thickets. There is a small poor in the center of the camp that fills with rain water.

August 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar sat on a large boulder near the entrance of the camp, surveying the clearing as the sun began to rise over the horizon. Long, streaks of red painted the forest floor, slowly creeping forward as she sun continued its ascent. Her pale, jade gaze swept slowly over the ShadowClan camp as she curled her fluffy tail over her paws.

Bramblestorm sat at the edge of the clearing on the opposite side of Dawnstar. He always had been an early riser, as had the leader. As his thoughts turned toward her, his gaze flicked up to where Dawnstar sat, perched high on her boulder where she could usually be found in the mornings.  Sitting silently, his own eyes lazily grazed the camp as the day slowly began to begin.

August 11, 2012 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

Smokeshadow emerged from the warrior's den and was disapointed in himself for not getting up earlier. He shook it off, then then gave a small nod to Dawnstar as his gaze rested on her. 

Darkwhisper yawned as he followed Smokeshadow out of the warrior's den. He blinked sleepiness out of his eyes, and he looked around the camp. He spotted his sister sitting on a boulder, and Bramblestorm across from her. He walked to the base of the boulder and looked up. "Good morning." he called up. 

August 11, 2012 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Windy

Russetclaw padded from the warriors den, his yellow eyes gazing around the clearing before he stretched his paws out infront of him. His mussels moved under his pelt as he stretched.

August 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar smiled down at her brother and she rose to her paws, flicking her plumy tail in greeting. "Good morning, Darkwhisper." she purred, leaping down from the boulder and landing lightly on her paws beside him. He was about a half-head taller than her as she stood beside him. "Glad to see you awake." she mewed before spotting Smokeshadow. "Smokeshadow, send out the Dawn Patrol." she called to her Deputy, seeing as the fresh-kill pile was full. 

Bramblestorm rose to his paws, hearing Dawnstar order the Dawn Patrol. He made his way over to Smokeshadow, flicking his tail and giving a respectful nod. "If it's alright, I'd like to join the patrol." he mewed, his voice deep as he spoke to the grey tom.

August 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Windy

Russetclaw straightened up and flicked his ears, gazing at Dawnstar.

August 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

Smokeshadow dipped his head to Dawnstar then looked at Bamblestorm. "That would be good. I'll lead the dawn patrol with you and Russetclaw." he meowed as he looked over at the brown warrior. 

Darkwhisper sat down and groomed smooth a bit of long fur that was stuck out of place. 

August 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Bramblestorm nodded to the deputy in acknowledgement and waited for the signal to leave. He gave a small, quick stretch before shaking out his short fur, rolling his shoulders to loosen up his muscles from sitting. 

Dawnstar flicked her tail and looked at Smokeshadow. "I'll take out a hunting patrol when you return, Smokeshadow." she told him, so he wouldn't have to worry about assigning one when he came back. She looked over at her brother. "And you can join me." she mewed with a fond smile, showing a happier, brighter side that only he brought out.

August 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

Smokeshadow nodded to Dawnstar then flicked his tail at his patrol. He turned and ran out of the camp.

Darkwhisper grinned at Dawnstar then nodded. "If I must." he teased.

August 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Amberfire sighed as she watched the border patrol leave, feeling quite bored. She continued to groom her fur, making it neat and clean. 

Smokepaw poked his head out of the apprentice's den, hoping nobody noticed he slept in. 

August 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Bramblestorm followed Smokeshadow out of camp and to one of the borders that they shared with the other Clans.

Dawnstar returned the grin. "Yes, you must." she mewed. "You should bring Smokepaw, too. It'd be good training for him." she mewed, flicking her tail. She looked over and saw Amberfire grooming her orange and white fur. She made a mental note and included the she-cat in the patrol as well for when Smokeshadow returned.

August 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Windy

Russetclaw followed out of the camp.

August 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

Darkwhisper looked over at Smokepaw coming out of the apprentice's den and he nodded. "I suppose that I should. Smokepaw, get something to eat soon. We're going hunting once the patrol gets back." 

August 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Smokepaw looked at his mentor and nodded. He hurried over to the fresh-kill pile, picking up a vole. In a few, quick bites, he finished eating and licked his lips.

August 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar gave a small, satisfied nod to herself before she moved over to a small patch of sunlight. She sat down and began to groom her long fur,  biding time as she waited for the Dawn Patrol to return so she could take out her hunting patrol.

August 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

Ashpaw woke up and let out a huge yawn, looking around. Realizing he didn't have an audience, but he did now have a mentor, the young tom jumped up and bounded out of the den. He was surprised to see how bright it was; Ashpaw typically rose fairly early. Oh well... another thing to use against Bramblestorm, his unfortunate mentor. Ashpaw didn't see his mentor in the camp right now, though. As a kit, he'd always thought the tom was strange, always quiet and never really happy into a lot of things. Yet at the same time, he'd always respected the tom with the near impossible to read green eyes who supposedly was a great fighter, a cat who one would be lucky to learn battle skills from. Unsure what to do as he waited for Bramblestorm to return and start training, Ashpaw decided to put on a show, and he swaggered up to Dawnstar. He gave an exagerratedly respectful nod of his head, which appeared more like a large, clumsy bow, and greeted her, "Dawnstar, glorious leader, I do hope the tragedy of my birth no longer lengthens the shadows of this poor, unfortunate clan and burdens its members with the depression of my existence!"

August 13, 2012 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar cast a wary eye upon the apprentice, and had long grown used to his odd, dark wordings. Ever since he'd been a part of the Clan, he'd spun twisted tales and tiptoed on the brink of disaster, and while Dawnstar appreciated a bold, brave cat, Ashpaw walked a dangerously fine line between courage and recklessness. "You should happen to know, Ashpaw, that being a ShadowClan cat, the Clan welcomes the shadows of night, and I see no reason that your shadow should bring unhappiness." she replied smoothly. "And while words of the dark might be silver-tongued fun, a true Warrior, or apprentice, gets his reputation from his actions, rather than words spun in a web." she mewed, giving a pointed flick of her tail. 

August 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

Darkwhisper growled at Ashpaw with narrowed eyes. "You show your leader some respect! You're lucky that you're not my apprentice, or I would shred your ears until you learned some respect. Not only are you disrespecting Dawnstar, but all of ShadowClan with your tricky words. Don't let if happen again, or, your mentor or not, I'll teach you how to act." 

August 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

Hm... not his most intelligent entry, but... oh well. Besides, wasn't this what he always wanted? An entertaining word game? After all, Dawnstar was right when she said that a reputation was earned by actions, but if he only used actions, and no words, how would he be anything but average? He was no fine hunter and he knew nought about fighting. All he knew were words and how to be a kit. Although... Dawnstar did make a good point; wasn't ShadowClan supposed to have shadows? He'd simply have to cast light upon it. Sounding considerably more sincere, he took on a crestfallen look and mewed, "Dawnstar, please, will you forgive me for my rudeness? I meant no harm!" To Darkwhisper he gave a sullen nod of acknowledgement, "Sorry Darkwhisper, I won't let it happen again."

August 14, 2012 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar studied the apprentice for a moment, unsure of his sincerity, and her face remained impassive. Still, he hadn't really done any actual harm, even if he had been disrespectful. She gave a small nod, showing she forgave him, then flicked her ear in a sign of dismissal. "Now go on, Ashpaw. I'm sure Bramblestorm will take you out when he returns for patrol." she mewed. And StarClan grant him the patience and diligence to keep this young tom out of trouble! The young leader looked over at Darkwhisper, silently thanking her brother for his support, but motioning that he should let it be for now.

August 14, 2012 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.