Role-Playing

Forum Home > ShadowClan > Sticky: ShadowClan Camp

Flint

"Okay, thanks Dawnstar!" Ashpaw bounced away happily. He felt like a kit, but it felt fun to be so careless. Thinking this, though, he grew suddenly serious as he entered the apprentice den. Would he be so carefree in a battle, or in simply feeding the clan? He couldn't be so immature when it came to such important things, he realized, and he mentally made up a rule. When doing something that would affect the clan as a whole, he would pay attention, and while he didn't have to appear to be, he would be serious. Ashpaw would also make sure he tried his best to learn from his mentor.Until then... he meowed as loud as he could, wondering what the reaction would be from his audience outside.

August 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar flicked her ears, angling them away from the apprentice's den so she wouldn't have to listen to his caterwauling, that he had started for no reason. Well, she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of a reaction. Instead, she climbed back up onto her perch from the boulder near the entrance, staying far away, the sound lessened from her distance. If he can't learn some respect, maybe the Clan life isn't for him. she thought. Her first reaction was to push such thoughts away, but instead, she let it linger. If he didn't improve soon, then she'd need to have a word with him. Dawnstar might be fair and give them a chance, but she wouldn't tolerate someone intentionally causing trouble for the Clan.

August 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Smokepaw sat up when he finished eating, and he blinked in surprise when he heard someone yowling from the apprentice's den. He got to his paws and cautiously padded to the den and poked his head inside. "Hello?" he meowed, loud enough to be heard over the caterwauling. 

Amberfire's ear twitched when she heard someone's meowing. She looked at where the sound was coming from; the apprentice's den. Seeing that Smokepaw was outside of the den, she realized it was Ashpaw who was doing the yowling. Rolling her eyes, she continued to groom her fur.

August 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

Ashpaw's head snapped around when Smokepaw entered the den. He yowled once more, a more bloodcurdling one than the others he'd managed, then turned and faced the older apprentice. "Oh hi Smokepaw!" he mewed, perhaps a little too cheerfully, "Isn't the weather wonderful today?" He peered into Smokepaw's yellow eyes, his own brown ones searching for the reaction. Surprised by his change of mood from negative to positive? Annoyed that he was up to his usual antics? Pleased by the new mood?

August 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Smokepaw flinched slightly when Ashpaw's last yowl entered his ears. His ears hurt from being so close to Ashpaw while he was yowling. "Um, yes, it is." he replied, looking back into Ashpaw's gaze. He wore sort of a confused expression on his face.

August 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

Ashpaw managed to contain his amusement as he replied, "You know, despite the heat, I really thinnk today is going to be fun!" It was uncharacteristic of him not to be complaining of the dreadful heat of greenleaf. Ashpaw sat down, continuing to watch Smokepaw, and he began cleaning himself. He ran his tongue over his rough gray fur, which was, as always, matted with dried mud. Ashpaw purposely 'forgot' places, and in other spots, he'd hardly try any real attempts at cleaning himself. As a result, his fur was just as dirty as before, and he felt perfectly content with this.

August 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Smokepaw shrugged and sat down, feeling slightly uncomfortable and awkward. "Fun how?" he asked, not wanting to sit in silence while the other tom 'groomed' himself.

August 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

"Oh, you -lick- know... I... I just have a -lick- feeling it won't be ordinary," Could any day be ordinary when Ashpaw was there? Hm... in any event, though, he planned to make it very fun- for himself anyway. "Hey. While my the patrol is out of camp, you wanna hang out?" Ashpaw finished his 'cleaning' and leapt to his feet. Meanwhile, his mind raced as he tried to come up with the most entertaining means of having fun.

August 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Smokepaw smiled and nodded. "Okay, sure." he meowed. He couldn't help but wonder what Ashpaw's defenition of 'hanging out' was, but he told himself it was probably harmless.

August 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

Darkwhisper snorted at Ashpaw, then walked him and Smokepaw talk. He glanced at Dawnstar and shook his head. "That's what happens when an outsider joins the clan." 

August 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar flicked his shoulder with her tail, hiding the annoyance that threatened to flicker across her face. "What's done is done. Ashpaw's a part of this Clan now." she said curtly, although she couldn't help but agree. She wasn't one to just trust outsiders wily-nily. She had, and he'd been causing trouble nearly since day one, and he'd just only been made an apprentice.

August 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

"Oh wonderful!" Ashpaw replied with an excited flick of his tail. He bounded out of the apprentices' den, his mind racing with ideas of what to do. First, though, he decided that it would be more fun if they got out of the camp. He only hoped that Dawnstar would let them leave. Having Smokepaw there was probably his only chance since Smokepaw wasn't wild, crazy, reckless, and usually pessimistic. Ashpaw slowed down to make sure Smokepaw was with him.

August 16, 2012 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Smokepaw ran after Ashpaw, catching up to the younger tom and changing his pace. "So? What're we gonna do?" he asked, a mischevious grin on his face. 

August 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

Darkwhisper shrugged and figured that it was best to change the subject to something more positive. "The clan has had plenty of prey these past moons." he meowed. "Still, leaf-fall isn't all that far off." 

August 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keisharall
Site Owner

Dawnstar nodded. "Yes, but I don't think we'll have to worry until Leafbare is closer." she mewed. "The weather has been great, if a little hotter than usual." she mewed, relaxing along with the change of subject. 

Bramblestorm returned back to camp with the rest of the patrol. He immediately spotted his apprentice with Smokepaw, and seeing as how niether of them currently seemed to be getting in trouble, he made his way over to the fresh-kill pile. Grabbing a small mouse, he sat down, quickly eating it.

August 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

Ashpaw was about to explain he'd come up with when he saw Bramblestorm return to the camp. Now he was divided; should he follow through with the plan he'd wanted to do with Smokepaw, or should he see his mentor, and hopefully train for the first time. He really wanted to train... "Smokepaw... I'm really terribly sorry, but is it alright if I train? My mentor just got back from the patrol and I've never trained with him before," Ashpaw felt bad for possibly the first time in his life, but he hoped Smokepaw would understand.

August 17, 2012 at 7:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xai

Smokepaw shrugged and smiled. "It's alright. Maybe later we can do that plan of yours?" he suggested, and glanced at his own mentor, Darkwhisper.

August 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Windy

Russetclaw padded into the clearing, his claws scraping the dirt as he walked.

August 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flint

"Yeah, definitely! Thanks Smokepaw! You're awesome!" Was he being ridiculously overenthusiastic? Just make sure, Ashpaw continued, "Let's be best friends! You're so cool!" Had anyone caught on yet that he was trying to be overly sunshiney, rather than his usual shadoweyness? Ashpaw was sure they would soon, and the grin on his face grew wider.

((Staring Sunday or Monday I'm going to be camping in Vermont. I probably won't be able to post until the following Saturday or Sunday. I'm really sorry!

Oh, and while I'm gone someone can play my characters (Ashpaw & Swanpaw in RiverClan).))

August 17, 2012 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cloudy
Administrator

((That's alright, thanks for telling us, and sure, either Kei or I will play Ashpaw and Swanpaw for you))

Darkwhisper saw the border patrol return, so he looked at Dawnstar. "Ready to go hunting?" he asked and stood up. "I'll bring Smokepaw with." 

Smokeshadow returned with the patrol then walked over to Dawnstar. "Nothing to report." he told her. 

August 17, 2012 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.